- Study or write essays everyday, between 1 and 5 hours.
- Learn how to use eyeshadow to create some sort of ethereal or slightly unusual smoky eye, that I can wear most days.
- Go on Duolingo everyday, and do at least one lesson in french and dutch.
- Use my credit card to a limit, and pay it back on time every month to build my credit score.
- Walk or cycle to university and back every time.
- Be able to do basic bicycle maintenance and related activities, such as fit a water bottle, fit lights, fit panniers, pump up tires, repair punctures and whatnot.
- Express my needs and wants more directly in friendships and relationship.
- Continue my volunteering helping the ‘street angels’ keep the night life safer.
- Travel independently by train at least twice to somewhere I haven’t been yet.
- Remember to wash my mineral sunscreen off before going to sleep.
- Listen to my language podcasts on the way to university, if I am walking.
- Go to a swimming pool, get in and learn about swimming.
- Do something new, and social, that I am scared of like karaoke.
- Improve my oral posture by remember to ‘suck’ with my tongue, to keep my tongue up at the back of palette.
In some ways I have gone way backwards this year, but that is okay. As long as I LEARN how to get out of this rut and why it happening or perhaps happened. If I can just add something new onto what I have been then this will be enough.
I tried to make these resolutions tiny but effective, to be things that can actually be accomplished.
Things I did in 2015 that I am happy about:
1. I dressed better and created a clearer and more consistent style.
2. I got cheap makeup, perfumes and accessories that are actually good and suit me.
3. I got into the habit of dressing to impress more on a daily basis.
4. I grew my hair longer and looked after it.
5. I took on a more cheerful and relaxed demeanor by the end of the year
6. I use more emojis, and this makes me seem friendlier.
7. I was more expressive.
8. I made decent progress on Duolingo, learning dutch.
9. I tried lots of things and made what is likely a new best friend.
10. I helped my little brother try new things and feel better about himself.
11. I found a volunteering position I really like, and that I can progress in.
12. I created a beautiful work space for my university work.
13. I was brave enough to go through and complete my dental implant.
14. I broke my relationship length record, I have now been with my boyfriend for over 2 years.
15. I have pets I was initially scared off, to be fair I have had my ferrets for about half a year now and I have only been bitten twice.